There are several different types of horse racing software. They can be divided into several categories:
- Horse racing software to help you analyse form.
- Horse racing software does the form analysis for you.
- Horse racing software that helps you with staking.
- Horse racing software that helps you trade on Betfair.
- Horse racing software that places bets on your behalf.
I will be looking at all these forms of software in the coming months, but for now I want to concentrate on software that places bets on your behalf.
In the past if you wanted to check the price of a horse before placing a bet, you had to either:
- Wait around all afternoon to see of the price was acceptable.
- Employ a betting agent to place bets on your behalf.
- Some bookmakers would allow you to stipulate on the betting slip: No bet if over 4/1 (for example)
With the advent of Betfair, a new type of software became available. It would monitor the market on your behalf and if and when the price of a selected horse met the conditions you set, it would place a bet for you.
You can state that the price 30 seconds before the off must be between 3.40 and 6.80 for example, you could also specify that there must be more than 8 runers at that point. In short the possiblilites are endless.
Our clients use sophisticated software like this to monitor the betting markets. When the criteria we require is met, it places a lay bet on your behalf. All the while, you caould be at work, out at the cinema, shopping or playing with the kids. The horse racing software makes all the decisions for you. All you need to do is start it in the morning, press a couple of buttons and it is al set up to make you profit.